Friday, February 03, 2006

Busy, busy, busy!



So, here I am again on another Friday night, blogging when everyone else is probably out at any number of "social gatherings"...but you know what, I LIKE IT! Now that that is out of the way...I shall begin...hahaha!

It has been way too long since I have written anything, and so much has been going on! The past two weekends have been crazy busy which I love. On the weekend of January 20-22, we had the area coordinators come from all over 5 different states (Florida, Miss., Louisiana, Tennessee, and Alabama), which made up about 30 adults that were at the Institute for the weekend. I was soooo happy to see Alison and Riaz from Nashville and hear about the amazing things that are happening there. Also, it was nice to finally put faces with these "names" that I had been communicating with for the last 4 months!

The next weekend was mainly full of "busy" stuff. I spent most of the weekend preparing for the Bahai Cluster Reflection Gathering that we had on Sunday, which, I must say, was FABULOUS! Lots of spirit, lots of energy...lots of craziness! But, I also found time to have a devotional in my home and had some of the wonderful members of my community over to my house for the first time! In the picture are (left to right) Mercedes, Andy, Chia, Aqdas, Jim, and Nasreen. After a long weekend, I finally got to hang out with my buddy Munib (pictured above), his sister May, and also, a new volunteer that we have at the Mag Carney Institute, Talieh! She is going to be here until the end of July and she has already easily blended in with the amazing "woman posse" we have at work! (I would have a picture of our "girl's night out" -also, it was Carolyn's birthday- at the Indian restaurant, Saffron, but I am waiting for Gianni to send it...haha)

I would write more...but I don't want this blog to be mega-long like some of the others have been! Ciao!

1 comment:

munib said...

mmmm...i look good. Hey everybody! Come see how good i look! You know, i just realized that picture of me is kinda old right? at least a few months? cause i don't think i've worn those pants in a long time. nowadays i just go around pantsless.